Neil and I both agree that this is one of the best baked beans recipes that we have come across. Bravo! It's a perfect opportunity to try for your Thanksgiving dinner!
Gobble Me Up - Turkey Baked Beans Recipe
2 (31 ounce) Van Kamps cans pork and beans
1/2 lb bacon
1 lb ground turkey
1 (10 ounce) can Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies, mild or original flavor
1 large leek, rough chop white and light green parts only
1/2 cup orange marmalade, sugar free
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
1/8 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
1 teaspoon salt
1. Drain one can of pork and beans, do not drain the other.
Pour both into the crock pot.
2. Chop the bacon into 1 inch pieces (removing any large areas of fat) and fry on the stove til almost crisp.
Add bacon to crock pot.
3. In same frying pan, crumble and brown the ground turkey.
Drain and add to crock pot.
4. Add the last 8 ingredients and stir well.
5. Set crock pot to low setting and cook for 6-8 hours.
20 minutes prep.
6-8 hours cook time.
Sweet and sassy baked beans featuring lean ground turkey, are easy to throw together and slow cooked in the crock pot.
Serve as a side dish or add crusty bread and a green salad for a filling main dish.
With the kick of Rotel tomatoes balanced by tangy orange marmalade, your family is sure to gobble this up!
Lorilyn T. (United States)