Mike's recipe is "Mouth Watering" and by the looks of the ingredients, I'd have to agree! Can't wait to give this one a go!
Mouth Watering Crock Pot Chili Recipe
2 pounds lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 large green bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
1 tablespoon chili powder
garlic powder to taste
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1 teaspoon sugar, or to taste
1-2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (more or less depending on how hot you want it)
2 cans (approx. 16 ounces each) crushed tomatoes
1 can (16 ounces) tomato puree (I used a tiny can of tomato paste because I didn’t have puree)
1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans
2 cans (approx. 16 ounces each) chili beans
1. Brown ground beef. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Saute chopped onion, jalapeno pepper, and green pepper the same pan that you cooked the meat in.
3. Mix the beef, onion, jalapeno, and green pepper together in the pan. Add the spices and simmer.
4. Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, and beans to the crock pot, then cover with the meat. Mix everything up.
5. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours. Serve with cheese and sour cream.
Mike T. (United States)